Sunday, November 9, 2008

Vern Mascorro

I have just come back home from the Celebration of Life for Vern that was held today at the Morongo Reservation. It was a most beautiful ceremony and a gathering that was overflow. Vern certainly did touch so many of us in his short lifetime. I am still very sad, but this celebration of his life did bring together many old friends that have not seen one another in years. Only Vern's spirit could have done this. His infectious smile and his wonderful laughter will never fade away. Today was exactly the way he would have wanted it. Friends and laughter. Thank you Vern.


Until next time

2 comments:

Chubby_Chicana said...

I just googled Vern's name to see if there was anything out there on him and found your blog. My family and I were at his celebration of life ceremony and I do agree it was beautiful, especially in listening to the bird singers. I didn't know Vern extremely well but he did leave an indelible impression on me and he will be missed by many. It's good to see something so nice written about him.

Unknown said...

I met Vern in 2001 when I bought The Crystal Cauldron..he quickly became a friend. He will truly be missed. Take care my friend...Willow