Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh Pomona



Really happy to see all the latest activity out there on my lovable Pomona. For so long I felt like the lone kid on the block. Blog?? What's a blog? So the passage of time has served itself well and I am so excited to see that the word "blog" isn't foreign anymore. Several have done an awesome job of keeping the highlights of Pomona out there through their blogs. Please keep up the grand work. I wait with baited breath for each of your latest reflections on daily life here.


What a great turn out for the chalk drawing downtown. The gkids had such a great time last year and we all were so very happy to see that it was held again this year. Thank you Vicky Tessier and all the hard work you and your helpers put forth to hold this event. The artwork was awesome!


But what the hell was going on Friday night on Garey?? Yes, we had our checkpoint going on. Am I the only one that drives in Pomona with a driver's license, registration, and car insurance?? So why were there people out there with signs warning drivers to turn away? And guys with video cams? What am I missing?


The Friday Night Knitting Club was going full swing and all of the customers were stopped coming and going. Did ja hear me out there complaining?? Think not. And yes, that was the "other half" out there doing the moon walk. What can I say. Silly at 60. If anyone has the right to complain it should be the businesses that are still open along the way. But for me, it serves the greater good. Thank you to the Pomona Police Dept.


Ok...I wasn't going to say anything about our latest elections...but what the hell. How can this nation take such a HUGE step forward and Pomona take 10 GIGANTIC steps backwards??? Elliot Rothman?? Dannielle Soto??? A photo opt princess for Assembly?? Mind you, these are my personal opinions...but at my age, I've earned it. I am having the hardest time understanding all of this and wondering when the other shoe is going to hit the floor. Oh, Pomona - what have you done? Look, if you have an opposite opinion - start your own blog. I'm sitting here. Only time will tell how this fantasy is going to end up. At least we still have Paula!

I am going to take the time right now to mention the sudden passing of a dear, dear friend. I will miss him very much. Vern Mascorro was known by many in our city. It is with a deep sadness that I have to accept the fact that I will no long see his dashing smile or enjoy an unexpected afternoon lunch with him. My deepest regrets go out to his beautiful mother and his family. Vern loved Pomona and Pomona will miss Vern greatly. You will forever be in my heart Vern.


Until next time



















No comments: