Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like whipping out a Monopoly Game board and start playing when they pass the Boardwalk Apartments on Park?? I swear I can hear strains of Harry James and Benny Goodman drifting through the air. Gotta be the damn cutest apartment setting I've ever seen.

Got a speeding ticket (my first ever) this past January as I was boot scootin down Holt taking the Willow Bean to school. The speed limit is 35 and yes, I was over the speed limit. Of course I got the old "where ya going in such a hurry" line. I was tempted to say "a fire", but he didn't look like the engaging type. He had zipped up behind me when I had stopped for a light, and I silently said a prayer to the Guardian Angel of Grandmothers, but to no avail. Yes, I got a ticket. He had fun reading by license plate holder.

Now I'm quite aware that there are, at times, several motorcycle policemen patrolling Holt against the speeders....my thought is, has anyone told them about Garey Ave.?? Why are they always on Holt and not on Garey? One can get serious whiplash from watching the speeders in the morning (or actually any time of the day) on their way to the courthouses - I think to pay their speeding tickets from Holt.

And while I'm on the subject of Garey Ave, the doorway to Antique Row and the Art's Colony - think anyone from the city gives thought to how crappy it looks driving along the way. Not inviting AT ALL. Sometimes I will sit on the porch and daydream about the city actually putting in an island down the avenue with trees and grass. Giving at least part of the street a warm, inviting and expectant appeal for things yet to be revealed upon arriving in Pomona. Now I will allow that it looks a little better than when we had the massage parlour next door to Abraham Lincoln school, but we still have a long way to go. And as for me, I'd rather have the streetlight in front of my house waving a flag with the name of soldier serving his country, than a banner inviting us to visit a pig at the fair. But then again, that's just me.

Until next time, ciao!

No comments: