Sunday, November 23, 2008

Be Still My Heart!

Great day in the neighborhood! Love, love, love the crispness of the morning air. And yes, that little gas station on the corner of Alvarado and Garey has gas for $1.97......who would have thought. Just as I know the Mayfair will stay the same for years, I know that gas prices will begin to crawl upwards again, but dang...let's enjoy. Just a small little perk for our side.

Speaking of which -we have that wonderful jewel of a Fox that is crawling out of the ashes - I would love to see the Mayfair also rise and shine. My hopes go UP and then come DOWN, DOWN, DOWN. I will not lose faith that someday my Avenger will come, and save the other corner. TADA - (hands on hips) "Here to save the dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!". I think we need a "Captain Pomona". I'll knit the cap.

My very favorite time of the year is here! THANKSGIVING! Who gives a crap if the first thanksgiving is a myth. It's Thanksgiving! A time for us to gather and gives thanks for all of it. For me it has always meant a special time of reaching out to those less blessed. Our table is full and always welcome for anyone to join.

Happy Thanksgiving Pomona!

Until next time - ciao!

No comments: