Saturday, October 10, 2009

Is is really October?????


1901 Halloween Card - amazingly Harry Potter

gosh....have I been missed???  I've been up to my knickers in life straightening projects of late.  Getting back in the grove just isn't the same as when I was a lot younger.  Life in the fire zone is slowly progressing forward.  It's nice to see The Garden shaping up and looking loverly again.
Today is the Herb Fest and although there is much work to do here, I'll be popping through the fence. 
As for the projects here...that grand old cottage is finally gone.  In it's place will be an equally charming cottage, but without the wonderfulness that the 1887 cottage had.  I'm trying to be very positive here!  There's just only so much one can do when you can't replace that which was irreplaceable
Any day now one should be able to see some positive flow around here.  Perhaps even the sound of a hammer or too.  All in good time.  There are just so many hoops to jump through...and someone keeps holding them higher.  Lend me a ladder for the next one...lost mine in the fire.
In a more pleasant note..my knitting class decided that our project this semester is to make small caps for "newborns" and the donation will be to Pomona Valley Hospital.  So even if you aren't in the class and still feel that you would  like to contribute, drop me a note or stop by.  I can even email you the patterns in knit and crochet.  The other project that we are working on is making two afghans to be given to the homeless shelter.  The rectangle pieces measure 7" x 9"...either crochet or knitted.  Any color, but worsted weight.   Need guidance?  I have stitch patterns for this also.  Call me anytime 909.319.2519.   

caio

No comments: