Monday, October 19, 2009

Top Notch Job Heritage!

A great event this past Sunday and everyone needs to take a bow!  Although I didn't get to take the tour I was very impressed with the event at the Ebell Club.  What a grand building and well turned.  Nice to see so many familiar faces and thanks for the well wishes.  I even managed to spy the Pomona Goddess....thought you got by me eh? 
The event was not without note.  One of the vendors had some valuable jewelry stolen.  My concern being that the same person that helped themselves was also going to tour the houses.  Let's hope all went well.  What a sleazy thing to do. 
There's a big smile on my face as the construction of my little shed nears completion.  A place where I can actually once again have a space of my own to work.  Being a true Yankee, I bartered the Pomona Queen necklace that I had made for Sunday to Dawn, who in turn is going to fill my window boxes full of herbs and wonderful stuff.  Color me sooooo happy. 
I didn't have a chance to blog after that rain last week, but meant too (the road to hell being paved with.....)  I opened the trailer door to find that I now had beach front property!!  Visions of cabanas with women reclining in chaise lounges wearing big floppy hats and sipping drinks with tiny umbrellas danced in my head.  I considered it do-able until the next day when the whole damn thing dried up.  Pomona Beach was such a loverly little dream.  I think that when the dozers arrive, they had better not leave me alone with one....Pomona Beach....hmmmmmmm.
If y'all happen to be driving through Diamond Bar and are at the corner of Golden Springs and Diamond Bar Blvd...and if you happen to glance up at the Lorbeer bulletin board...yes that is my Elizabeth who made student of the week again.  That girl does make me proud considering that all she was able to salvage from the fire was her Bible, her green violin, her journal and her teddy bear.  Awwwww sweet youth.

caio

2 comments:

me said...

So that was you at the Pomona Queen necklace/earring booth??? I wish you had said something. Am I that obvious? I did get a chance to talk to the Goddess of Garey Avenue later that day, and gave her the wooden figurehead I found on the street after the fire. Not sure if it is yours or Dawn's or a Garey Avenue cast off.

G of P

Pomona Diva said...

I am never one to "out" someone without permission (wink, wink). Awww, sweet Goddess of Garey did not tell me about the wooden figurehead. Both Dawn and I collect anything that sits still in one place for 5 minutes...so it could be something that belonged to either of us. Thanks for taking it into your care. Next time I will certainly give you a shout out.