Sunday, October 25, 2009

More School Board Stuff

Gosh...there are some pretty good blog comments out there!  I love it!  I did not get to attend the meeting Thursday night, but did get to the one on Wednesday at the Antioch Baptist Church.  I see that there will be one at the Diamond Bar Center this coming week.  I'm not sure about the time or the day. 
Wednesday was a little enlightening for me.  I really liked what Adrienne Konigar-Macklin had to say.  She seemed to be right on her game as well as Hank Mollet.  I like Hank.  I introduced myself after the meeing and had a chance to chat with him in the parking lot for a while. 
Absent from the meeting was Robert Torres and also Jason Rothman.  I would have liked to hear what they had to say.  I would also like to know since they are Pomona kids, what schools they attended. 
One of the questions asked that evening of the candidates is the issue of the achievement gap within our district.  Y'all know how I feel about this issue.  I am so totally not impressed with a candidate that states that  parents should be given more opportunity to send their children to other schools.  Let's not take care of the problem...let's just do more busing.  Wake up Wong. 
Ms. Konigar-Macklin introduced me to Maria Garcia who is a liason between the district and parent leads who pass on important information to other parents at their school.  Ms. Garcia attached a schedule for H1N1 free vaccinations that are being given at the Bunny Clinc. The clinic is located at 200 E. 7th Street in Pomona. Vaccines will be provided during the regular clinic hours of Tuesdays 1:30-6:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 1:30-3:30 p.m.  I do hope we can get this information out to as many as need be. 

ciao

1 comment:

John Clifford said...

Diva, since they weren't there to answer you, and I'm a real know-it-all, I can let you know that Jason Rothman did attend Pomona public schools. He is a graduate of Diamond Ranch High School. On the other hand, the Torres family, until recently, lived in north Pomona, above Foothill, I believe, so were in the Claremont school district. Robert attended classes in Claremont Schools.