Monday, August 3, 2009

Where There's Smoke....

We are all gradually climbing out of the ashes over here on Garey. Things are actually starting to sprout again...which is entirely amazing. We are all sad about the loss of so many of the beautiful trees on both properties, but there will be new ones.
I knew that we were finally on the road to comeback when Larry jumped on one of the only things left, his riding mower and I saw him head off to tackle the front lawn. It really did my heart good.
Looks like tomorrow is move back to Garey Ave. day. Our gracious friends Patti and Robert Hayes have lent us "Ms. Opal"...a most divine 5th wheel trailer to live in during the rebuild. It looks like a long term "camp out" for moi.
Hopefully we can get a temporary fence up this weekend and I can get the dogs back home. I haven't had a chance to stop by and thank Johanna for coming to my rescue the night of the fire and keeping the girls for a few days. That was such a grand jesture. I cannot thank you enough. Just one of the many wonderful people that came to our rescue.

ciao

1 comment:

Johanner said...

No problem at all, Pam! Just so you know, Roxy has stolen my heart (and my daughter's, too). I look forward to seeing her in "her" yard very soon!