Tuesday, August 25, 2009




Mitzi is home and mending quite nicely. We thank Dr. Choi the dentist across the street for taking her to his vet in Glendora. He found her wrapped in a black plastic trash bag in his parking lot. She was all bloody and at first he thought she had been shot. Dr. Parks of West Foothill Animal Hospital said she had vicious dog bites that tore a huge hole in her side. She is lapping up the huge amount of attention that she's getting. Many stitches and a drain tube that will be removed this Saturday. Thank you all for the concern. Her dog tag was still on her and that's how we were able to get her back. Whoever did have her at least brought her back to her neighborhood.

Had an accident in front of the house this morning. No one was hurt in the 3 car accident but plenty shook up. After 10 minutes of waiting for the 911 response, I finally called the dispatch desk. Minutes later 2 officers glidded up on their shiny bikes...gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over. There has to be something wrong with my area and emergency response time. YA THINK?? Fred was last seen walking towards his empty lot, shaking his head and muttering "it must be in our water".

Speaking of the Van Allen's and The Garden. There seemed to be a fair amount of activity there this past Saturday for the Tomato Tasting. I went over and did some tasting...my fav was the Amana Orange tomato....yummy, yummy. I don't know if it came from Amy's Garden, so I'll find out tomorrow night at the Organic Marketplace in Claremont...at the Packing House. Hint..hint. Sorry John, no beer tasting for moi. So in my place, I'll be sending the Goddess of Garey Ave., Olympia. Please be mindful of her presence.

Starting back teaching on Thursday. (wwwww...remembering the autumn days of my childhood in New England. Crisp fall days, cider in the air. Dream on Pammy girl.) Anyone interested in knitting or crochet lessons?? Every Thursday morning at the Diamond Bar Center on Grand Ave., Diamond Bar. Older adult education through Mt. Sac. Everyone over 18 is welcome to enroll...all is free. You can enroll on line or just come and I'll do it for you.

Until later...caio


2 comments:

Ed said...

There was a two car (SUV) collision at Garey and Alvarado on Wednesday. I don't see how the community benefits by raising the speed from 35mph to 40mph on your section of Garey. I guess the fact that no one has been killed should be blessing.
Sorry for the rant.

Kate Thornton said...

I am so glad your beloved pet has been returned and is on the mend.

If I read no other good news today, that will be enough to make me smile.

Now, don't get me started on the @&$#% who hurt her. I cannot abide cruelty to any creature, esp. the loving pets we cherish.

Kate